Re: IE Home Page Problems

  • From: "Julie & Miss Mercy" <mercy421@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 21:49:55 -0500

I also have Norton, as well as Spybot, and when I go to change my home page,
a dialog box comes up, so there's no question as to what's going on and it's
easy to allow it. If you're not getting a dialog box, I can't imagine that
would be it, unless you have your alert settings set up differently. Take
care.
--
Julie Morales
http://www.youravon.com/juliemorales

From: Ralph Supernaw <mailto:rsupernaw@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hi,

I have just moved everything to a new notebook computer.  I can't get IE to
let me change the home page from an MSN page to the one I want.  I go into
internet options and change the page and press the "apply" button.  The new
home page is there just fine.  Then I press the "ok" button.  When I go back
into the options, the old web page is listed as my home page.

I have tried this from the Tools menu in IE and from the Internet Options n
the Control Panel.  Neither works.

Any ideas?

Ralph