Re: HP 4900, Jaws not loading

  • From: "Greg Epley" <gregepley@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 07:54:09 -0600

Oops, I forgot to mention that JAWS 4.5 should run fine under Windows XP.
I'm unsure as to how it performs under XP SP2, since I have been using JAWS
5 since before that.

I still don't think either iTunes or Quicktime made the difference on mine;
possibly the Java 2 Runtime or the HP Quick Launch Buttons.  I'm going to
re-enable the Quick Launch Buttons within the next day or so and see if the
original problem returns, then I may get brave and try to re-install the
Java 2 Runtime.

You should have some CDs with your system, or possibly one DVD.  My 5210 has
a bunch of CDs with it even though the drive is DVD capable; I haven't
looked at length at those CDs but expect that one of them is a Drivers CD
with the necessary software and drivers to re-install if I need them.
Otherwise, a lot of the drivers and software can be downloaded by going into
the Software Drivers and Downloads area of support for your specific model
laptop at the HP web site.
-Greg