Re: Dectalk Express

  • From: "Gary King" <w4wkz@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 11:42:29 -0500

Julian,

It doesn't matter whether a DECtalk Express is connected to a serial port or
to a USB port through a USB to serial converter; if it's working properly,
the sound will be the same.  If you're buying a new computer, the best
option would be to have the manufacturer to install a serial port, avoiding
any complications introduced by a converter.  The sound of a DECtalk Express
is definitely improved when using it with an external speaker system rather
than through its tiny internal speaker.

Gary King
w4wkz@xxxxxxxx

----- Original Message ----- From: "J. Black" <underconstruction1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>