Re: Vista

  • From: "John Fioravanti" <fioresq1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 18:40:32 -0400

Why are the graphics so important? John
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Kuvvosh Suggs
  To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2007 5:38 PM
  Subject: RE: Vista

  If you are planning on getting a new laptop, that has vista, make sure it has
at lest 2 or more gig of ram minimal and at least a intel 2 duo or AMD x2 core
processor.

  Also, if possible ask to check for the scores in the demo laptop, as this
will give you a idea of how good is the laptop.  Tell them to go under
performance under control panel and there will be the performance.  They should
be able to see the score given to each category.  The highest score is 5.9 so
with that in mind, the lower the score for each the slower the laptop will be.
Graphics is the main one I would be looking at, if it's got anything lower the
a 4.0 rating I would not touch it unless it's the only one they have that you
can affored.

  Also most laptops do not come with a Hybrid Hard drive.  Which helps vista
run faster and saves battery power.  Mine did not come with this, as I
purchased it for newegg for 99 dollars, a 160 gig Samsung with 256 MB flash
drive.

  Any way hope this helps.  If need more information let me know.

  Kuvvosh