RE: Cursors Won't Speak

  • From: "Adrian Spratt" <Adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 14:35:15 -0500

Some additional thoughts. Is this numpad part of your main keyboard or a
separate item? I ask because I have a separate keypad that I attach to my
laptop My numpad 5 doesn't speak or perform the JAWS function assigned to
it. The workaround is simple, but still distracting.

Also, although the two keys aren't speaking, are they performing the JAWS
functions assigned to them? That is, when you press the JAWS cursor key,
does JAWS go into that mode even though it doesn't announce it?

Maybe the solution is to assign new labels to those keys via JAWS key 8 on
the number row above the letters.

  _____