Re: Excel 2003 Web Query Smart Tag definition?

  • From: "Ann Marie Medlar" <amedlar1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 16:47:01 -0500

Hi,
I am still working on this project.  But if I figure it out it is so easy to
access important info from sites.  I can create a company report if you are
interested which gives a summary what a company does and other financial info.
If one has an interview it would be easy to research about that company in a
couple minutes.  Also if you wish to buy a stock it might give you some
insights.    But this tool is endless to do specific research on anything.
Jaws research it feature is similar and I just downloaded the info from FS
site.  Hope to be able to get info more easily so I'll keep working on this.
Here are my Excel notes:
Download link for
Excel spreadsheet with a web Query for stock quotes called
StockQuoteTemplate.xls
You may Need to copy and paste link into your browser because link name is too
long.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:FS7e8sn8rlQJ:www.vertex42.com/ExcelTemplates/excel-stock-quotes.html+Link+StockQuoteTemplate.xls&hl=en&gl=us&strip=1
Enter on text only version and read page until download link
or Type "H" twice for download
After downloading and opening Excel spreadsheet called StockQuoteTemplate.xls
2 buttons appear
 Press button that Enables data to be refreshed
press control +G for GoTo Excel command
type c6 and enter
Type stock symbol and enter
 go to b11 right and left arrow for company stock quotes
On B11 enter on stock symbol to link to web

to get company report use insert+f7 enter on print report link
type x and check company report
type b for button enter on generate report new browser window opens
enter on print link
company report displayed on screen which looks like a PDF
Other notes:
Press alt+F5 key to refresh
There are many links on this page as well.  It is easier navigating site
using this work book.
Microsoft link for Excel Web Queries:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa203721(v=office.11).aspx#odc_xlwebquery_introduction
Smart Tag link: