Admin: Welcome to New Members

  • From: Bruce Toews <coke_drinker@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 18:29:51 -0600 (CST)

Hi all,

Well, it's been a rather busy day here at JFW List Central. As many of you
know, Debbie Scales has decided to close her very popular and very helpful
JFWLITE list. Since that time, nearly a hundred new subscribers have made
their way to this list, and the flood of new subscribers has only now
slowed to a trickle. I wanted to wait for this before sending this out.

First of all, I want to welcome all the new members to the list. We have a
lot of terrific people on the list with a very good knowledge of JFW, so I
hope you'll find answers you need. Can I please encourage you against
sending introductions. We just have so many new members that all of them
sending intros would be impractical. Likewise, I would ask that you please
not reply publicly to introductions for the same reason. Rest assured that
all newcomers are welcome here, as are, of course, those who were here
before.

As the list administrator, I'm here to help out in any way that I can. I
don't have Debbie's inside-and-out expertise on JAWS, but the collective
knowledge of all of us is what's going to make this list continue to work.
Any list-related questions should please be directed to me privately at
jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Finally, please do read the list guidelines. I was supposed to send them
out at the beginning of the month, but failed to do so. They will be out
by the end of the week. Stay within the guidelines, which are in place for
all of us, and there should be no problem. If you have any questions about
said guidelines and their interpretation, please always feel free to
e-mail jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks so much, and enjoy the list.

Bruce

--