[jawsscripts] unwanted jaws12 speech reading desktop items?

  • From: "Geoff Chapman" <gch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 06:41:06 +1100

I've had a very helpful offList anser to my question below, which I thought I'd
just share bits of with the group in case it should be of interest to others
migrating to windows7, or having clients that are doing so.

snip snip:
> From: "Andre Williams"

control shift escape brings up task manager in Windows7. The old control

alt delete is no longer valid.

I too have experienced all desktop icons being said by jaws, but this

primarily happens when I'm working with a Windows7 computer whose theme is

set to something other than basic or classic. To change Windows7 theme:

1. Go to Start menu search box and type the following and hit enter: theme

2. you will be presented with a type of grid so down arrow as much as

possible then right arrow and such until you find the Windows classic

desktop theme or the Windows basic theme. Tab to ok and press enter.

Wait a minute or so for changes to take effect.

The alt F4 issue is also related to the type of theme you are using.

In fact, make sure to create a system restore point before doing all of

this so you can go back in the event the person you are working with doesn't

like what you did.

To create a restore point simply press windows key to go to

the Start menu search box and type the following:

create a restore point.

Tab about 5 times to create... and press enter. give the restore point a

name then tab to Ok and press enter.

Andre