[jawsscripts] unwanted jaws12 speech reading desktop items?

  • From: "Geoff Chapman" <gch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 13:20:02 +1100

Hi scripters.
I realize this isn't a directly script topic, so if anyone might tell me a
better place to ask such generic jaws questions, which have need of probably a
technical lilt to them, please let me know instead, but,
I have seen this behaviour before on a machine but cannot remember now, what
caused it? wondering if anyone might've seen it/jog my memory?
quite often it seems, when I'm working in tandem on this particular person's
windows7 computer,
hitting windows+M to minimize all and bring desktop to the foreground,
will cause jaws to start speaking all the items on his desktop? even though
only one might be highlighted from the previous selection he may've made.

anyone got any clues about that?

my vague memory was it may've had something to do with altering color schemes
on the machine, but haven't dived into his control panel to see what those are
set to. I've got to start ferreting out if jaws has got any optimal windows7
settings it wants to have, in order to behave normally/optimally.

for example sometimes hitting alt+f4 just doesn't seem to close things as it
should either, and ControlAltDelete doesn't seem to always bring up task
manager as it should, a bunch of wierdo things seem to be going on with this
bran new toshiba machine, that I'd like to help him get to the bottom of.
But I don't have or know windows7 at all, and don't know how many issues are
just caveats of that new OS etc.

thanks for any thoughts.

Geoff.c