[jawsscripts] Re: Script documentation question

  • From: "Paul Magill" <magills@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 23:37:01 +1000

Hi,

I have done that too...

The .jsd file can be manually edited to add the descriptions, but it is
easier to do it through the script manager with the .jss file.

Just place the PC cursor in the function body or header, & press control+D.

That opens the same dialog as when you created the function.

Tab around & enter the synopsis, description & the return description if the
function  returns something.

Now, control+tab will take you to the parameter page.

It is not possible to add descriptions to already existing parameters, so
you need to first remove them & replace them with exactly the same name &
type, this time including the descriptions.

You will be at the top of the  parameter list, so arrow to bring focus to
the first parameter.

note the type, & exact spelling of the parameters name, then hit Alt+R  to
remove the first parameter.

That will immediately put you on the new parameter name field, so enter the
name that you just removed, then tab & enter the description for that
parameter.

Then just tab & choose the type & hit the Add button.

On hitting Add, the focus will again go to the new parameter name field. If
there is only 1 parameter for the function, tab to the ok button & hit that.
You will be ready to recompile.

If there is more than 1 parameter, then back tab to the parameter list, and
repeat the above, removing the one that is at the top of the list now.

Repeat this for all the parameters, then hit ok, & you are ready to
recompile.

Hope this helps,
Paul from Australia