[jawsscripts] Re: OT: Apple VoiceOver now supports scripting

  • From: Chad Foster <chad.foster@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 15:06:38 -0500

G-Dog,

Not a dumb question at all, but I suppose the only reason would be to
extend the existing functionality for other, not yet included,
features. Apple has demonstrated the ability to innovate and include,
but they are not like Freedom Scientific in terms of understanding the
needs and wants of the user base, so I reckon they are leaving the
door open for others to fill that void.

On 2/8/10, G-Dog <lucifur@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hmmm!
>
> Since the screen reader is built in to the o/s and 3rd party software runs
> on the native GUI then I wonder why scripting is necessary.
> Perhaps a dumb question I suppose.
>
> Hopefully then some enterprising young hacker will continue work on pro
> tools!
>
> Cheers...G!
> ginal Message -----

Chad Foster
Access Technology Solutions
Leveling The Playing Field Through Technology
http://www.GO-ATS.net