[jawsscripts] Re: Note Organizers

  • From: "David Farough" <David.Farough@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2010 10:55:38 -0400

Hi Christopher:
A number of years ago I had been involved with an effort to work on
some scripts for keynote.  This effort did not get very far due to a
lack of interest from some members of the group that had been set up on
For-The-People.
I did a bit of work on my own but did not continue the effort.  I
believe I had been working on getting the current tab to speak when it
was swished to.  This was an old version of keynote and a much earlier
version of Jaws.  I will see if I can find the scripts and see if there
is anything that can be salvaged for the current version of Keynote.

David Farough
Application Accessibility Coordinator/coordonateur de l'accessibilité
Information Technology Services Directorate /
Direction des services d'information technologiques
Public Service Commission / Commission de la fonction publique
Email / Courriel:  David.Farough@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tel. / Tél:    (613) 992-2779

>>> Christopher Chaltain <chaltain@xxxxxxxxx> 10:10 am Tuesday, June
08, 2010 >>>
Wow great Jim! I don't think KeyNote needs much scripting, but I do
agree these would be nice, especially automatically announcing the name

of the note when you jump from note to note. How would I get a hold of

what you got?

--

Christopher
chaltain@xxxxxxxxx

On 6/8/2010 8:05 AM, Homme, James wrote:
> Hi,
> I have the original version. I started a little set of JAWS scripts
for it. Right now, they just speak the dialogs that come up that have
the OK button or confirm, Yes, No buttons. I also have the insert key
mapped to insert a node in the tree. And I made it so that when you hit
arrows, home, and end while focus is on the tab strip, the focus jumps
back to the tab strip instead of going somewhere else.

> I have two more things on my short list when I can get to them. I
want to make the scripts automatically speak the tab that gets selected
when you use Control Tab, Control Shift Tab, Control Page Down, and
Control Page Up when focus is away from the tab strip. I want to see if
I can either steal or find a way to make the Homer F8 Shift F8 selection
functionality work in the edit window.

> Jim
>
> Jim Homme,
> Usability Services,
> Phone: 412-544-1810. Skype: jim.homme
> Internal recipients,  Read my accessibility blog. Discuss
accessibility here. Accessibility Wiki: Breaking news and accessibility
advice