[jawsscripts] Re: Jaws compatability w/ Pro Tools

  • From: Chris Smart <csmart8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 11:36:27 -0500

Hi Joe.
I use a control surface, a cheap one for now, Behringer BCF2000.
You'll want something like that, a decent control
surface or an actual board so you have lots of
physical controls to manipulate.

Other than that, it's just DAW, screen reader,
and my ears.  One thing you won't be able to do
is rely on the meters, except reading highest
peaks, so I'm hoping you're already very good at
detecting clipping. You know, this might be a
blessing in disguise - listening harder and not
relying on fancy graphical displays as much might
give you an advantage.  I know lots of sighted
folks who are surprised at how fast I can say
"oh, that needs to come down a bit around 3K". *grin*