[jawsscripts] Re: Jaws compatability w/ Pro Tools

  • From: Jackie McBride <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 22:34:40 -0700

Joe, Jaws is exclusively for Windows. The Mac has its own built-in
screenreader called Voiceover. It is my understanding that Digidesign
is beginning to build accessibility into Protools, at least on the
Mac. The windows version is pretty bastardized anyway & isn't worth
fooling with, from what I'm able to gather.

Might I suggest that u subscribe to a list called midimag. The
subscription address  is:
midimag-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx
There's a gentleman on there named Kevin Reeves. He & Slau Haliton are
the Protools gurus & can tell u precisely the state of Protools
accessibility. There's also another gentleman on there named Mike
Christer, who went blind like 5-6 years ago. He uses Sonar I believe,
but he's still doing a lot of recording. Another guy is named Sean
Brock, & he, too, is on the charts. I don't know what rig he uses.
Tell your story there. They'll help.

I'm cancer-free for 8 years now. It can be done. Please go to:
www.cancerrecovery.org
& contact me privately if u have questions regarding that. Open up a
can of whoop-a$$ & send that thing runnin!

Being blind bites--there's just no getting around it--but it's not the
end of the world, even though when you're initially going thru it, it
sure feels like it. There's a lot of people who'll be eager to help
u,& you've taken the first step by reaching out, &, even though it
probly wasn't precisely the right listserv, hopefully it got u steered
in the right direction.

Blessings. Stay positive.

On 2/13/12, Joe Christie <joeyc62080@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Can anyone tell me if Jaws is compatable with Pro Tools, or Apple Pro Logic
> for that matter? If not, would it be difficult to code it?
>
> I'm an audio engineer and while I can see now I am going to go blind soon as
> I am currently battling cancer. I don't want to give up my work so I'm
> exploring every avenue possible.
>
> Thank you
>
> Sent from my iPhone__________�

Blame the computer--why not? It can't defend itself & occasionally
might even be the culprit
Jackie McBride
Ask Me Computer Questions at: www.pcinquirer.com
Jaws Scripting training materials: www.screenreaderscripting.com