[jawsscripts] Re: Itunes script

  • From: "Geoff Chapman" <gch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 00:02:22 +1100

Hi Lee, hmmm. Wow!  Then it sounds like either iTunes has somehow reClassed
these, or jaws has gone wonky somehow.  so, hmmm. two things occur to me to
ask.

1. I've never had much success with this so I am skeptical it'll do much,
but have you tried the reClass feature in JAWS whilst focused on one of
those readOnly edit controls?

2. what happens when you route JawsToPc whilst focused on one of the
ReadOnly Edit boxes.  Can you Read the figures there? either with
Jaws+NumPad5, or CapsLock+K, or with the ReadCurrentLine key? Does moving
leftRight arrow allow you to read the figures there character by character,
either trialing left or right first? AS we don't know whether the jaws
cursor will end up at the front or the rear of the number?
and.
3. have you tried clicking numpad slash, or laptop CapsLock +8 I think it
is, to see if this brings any joy and allows them to become proper editable
boxes?

4. have you per chance tried navigating the boxes with NVDA Screen-reader?
Just as another tester to see what it makes of these boxes?

John have you got any thoughts? Can anyone else using the same version of
iTunes/Jaws  reproduce this for lee?  I'm only using iTunes 10.7, and jaws
12, and am not willing to upgrade at this stage to iTunes 12, as I'm not
being forced to yet.