[jaws-uk] installing JAWS 12, problems

  • From: "Paul Roberts" <anorack@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2011 15:46:46 -0000

Hi all,

Have just tried to install JAWS 12 and whilst I think it's gone Ok, I have
sevearl queries.Firstly, during the installation, it was reckomended that I
start installing via the internet, it had the word recomended by this optoin
in brackets and so that's what I did.

I then caried on with the installation but then I attempted t otype in my 20
digit restristration number but could only typed part of it before the
dialog and it seems internet page clsoed on me.

Now I have attempted to press insert J to change sevearl settings with JAWS,
such as how to speed up the voice and to change from most to no puncuation
but insert J doesnn't worlk.

Also, I don't seem to have had the optoin for JAWS to start automaticaly
when I start my PC and so I am at rpesent a little hesitent to swithc off my
PC, just incase my JAWS won't appear on startup.

That said, I stil have veroin 9 on my PC so I may wel be alrighth.

As this is an upgrade from version 9, I don't have a set of instructins to
hand and so any advice anyone can give would be very much appreciated.

Apologies for typing erors as I have JAWS to speak Characters which is
rather off-putting.

Thanks for reading.

Regards

Paul.