[jaws-uk] Re: installing JAWS 12, problems

  • From: "John Burling" <j.burling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2011 16:12:58 -0000

Hi Paul.  If you've been unable to type in your 20-digit authorisation code
in full, then your new version of JAWS probably won't have been activated
properly, in which case it will be working in 40-minute mode.

If this happens, you could try running Narrator, the built-in screenreader.
If you're running XP, press Windows-U. If running Windows 7, press Windows-U
Alt-n.

Initially, none of your JAWS 9 settings will be in effect. To change your
current JAWS settings, hold down Alt and press Tab repeatedly until the JAWS
Window gets focus, giving you access to the usual JAWS menus.

To check whether JAWS has activated or not, Click Help, About. If your copy
of JAWS didn't activate properly, you will see a serial number of 801,
whereas if activation succeeded, you'll see your issued serial number, and
some text to the effect that you're authorised using an ILM key.

If you determine that authorisation failed, click Help, Update
Authorisation, and attempt to go through the process again.

I hope this is of some help.

Cheers.

John