[jaws-uk] Re: Windows Messenger error message?

  • From: "Will Pearson" <will-pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 17:24:04 -0000

Hi Ali;

Can you see whether you can bring up https://passport.com?  Note: https, *not*
http.

This is just to check whether you're having problems with secure sites over the
web, or whether the problems are just limited to the messenger service.  Also,
are you using a firewall, and if so, which one?  Also, are you using the latest
version of Windows Messenger?  The version that first shipped with the original
version of XP had security holes, and won't work.  It might be worth trying
Windows Update to see if there's a later version available.

Will