[jaws-uk] Windows Live Messenger

  • From: "Saqib" <saqib500@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 11:31:43 +0100

Hi. I would like to know how I can stop Jaws 9 from telling me how many links
there is in the body of a message. I'm using Windows Live Mail and when I tab
into the preview Payne from the message list, Jaws will read the first line of
the message and then tell me how many links I have on the page. It will then
proceed to read the first line again. I would prefer it if I can turn this
annoying feature off. My other question is how do I assign the caps lock key to
be the modifier key? At the moment I have to hold the numpad 0 and it down
arrow for Jaws to read the message in full. This is difficult as both keys are
on the right side of the keyboard and I have to take my hands off the keypad to
issue that command. I don't have this problem on my netbook as I have Jaws
configured to laptop mode and the caps lock acts as the insert or modifier key.