[jaws-uk] Re: Spybot & other av / spyware solutions

  • From: "Stephenson, Phil" <phil.stephenson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 10:16:51 +0100

George,

Tagging on to end of this thread am wondering whether there's any
benefit having one programme that does all such as Norton Security.

I ask as have had serious problem with Spy ware, Trojans etc that
resulted in my pc being taken away and nuked by a friend - he works in
IT and said he'd never come across such malicious spy ware, it was a
zombie that kept coming back to life once you thought you'd killed it.

Anyway the problem is solved but has prompted me to think about whether
I need different security solution.  I currently use AVG free 7
antivirus, Win Up firewall, MS Antispyware programme and occasionally
run adaware.  I know there is tuff out there that says it can do all
this in one but was wondering whether there's any benefits in terms of
either overall security or Jaws-usability.

Am using all this on a Win XP home machine with Jaws 6.1.

Thanks,

Phil

-----
Phil Stephenson