[jaws-uk] Skype with Jaws

  • From: "Jamie Cuthbertson" <jamie.cuthbertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jaws-UK" <Jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 22:46:49 -0000

Hi all,

Apologies if anyone gets this message twice but I had a problem with it the
first time it was sent.

Following Catherine's recent query I was reminded about a small problem that
I appear to be having with Skype.

Several times recently, when I've been chatting for more than 10 minutes, my
computer drops the connection and bombs out of Windows, forcing me to
restart the computer entirely.

I don't know if this is a Jaws problem, a Skype problem, a Windows problem
or my laptop going wonky.  I also had a thought that it might have something
to do with NTL pulling the connection though I think this is unlikely.

I'm using Jaws 7.0, Windows XP Home and Skype 2.0.  I connect to the
internet using NTLWORLD on a 1 MB connection.  I have a feeling that it is
definitely something to do with my use of Skype because it's never happened
in any other programme but that might be coincidence perhaps.

Any ideas gratefully received.  Is there perhaps a setting in Skype that
would cut me off automatically after this kind of time?

Cheers,

Jamie