[jaws-uk] Re: SKYPE?

  • From: "Peter Hallam" <peter.hallam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 17:09:38 -0000

Hello John and all,

Skype is a peer to peer communications program which allows people who have it
installed on their computers to talk to each other by voice or text, either one
to one or in a conference setting.

Skype works well with JAWS especially if you install the scripts from
http://www.dlee.org/skype, look for Revision 653 Executable Installer and
follow the instructions given.

You can download Skype from http://www.skype.com, it is easy to install, but I
would recommend not to install the Google toolbar if prompted to do so, when it
is installed you need to create a user name and password, you also need to type
an email address in the appropriate box.  Your user name cannot contain spaces
and a few other punctuation signs such as slash.

Hope this helps,

Pete H.