[jaws-uk] Re: Re JAWS Running Slowly

  • From: "Graham Page" <gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 17:17:05 -0000

Hi Barbara.  that could well be causing the problem, especially if you have
a graphics card that is integrated into the mother board rather than being a
separate graphics card.  Separate graphics card tend to have their own
dedicated memory for processing graphics where as the graphics cards that
are part of the mother board tend to share some of that precious 256 MB of
RAM.

The best thing to do, if possible, is to get a RAM upgrade.  I always felt
it was boardering on the deceitful to even sell PCs with 256MB of RAM to
work with windows XP.  512MB of RAM is really what I would recommend if
system crashes are to be kept to a minimum.

Regards

Graham