[jaws-uk] Re: Pretty strange - Jaws 6 Authorisation

  • From: "Nigel" <stoppard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 18:31:22 -0000

Just want to make sure, but what version of windows do you have and what version of Jaws? If you have the Profeshional version of windows and the standarded version of Jaws then that might be the problem. I am assuming here that the error message you are getting is misleading.

Nigel
----- Original Message ----- From: "Amro Bilal" <amro_bilal@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2005 10:11 PM
Subject: [jaws-uk] Pretty strange - Jaws 6 Authorisation

Ok group, here's an odd one for you.

After I installed J6 from the CD I got off S&S, I chose to activate using the net and followed the prompts until I got that message which says that activation had been successful. When I clicked the OK button on that message, another box appeared saying; and here's the problem:

"This application is not authorized for use with this language of the operating system. Call your local access technology dealer or contact Freedom Scientific at 727-803-8000or sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for information about updating your authorization".

If I click ok on the above dialog box Jaws goes into the 40 minutes demo mode, and every time I restart J6 the same language incompatibility message appears along with that little activation box which asks if you want to start activating your version of Jaws. In other words I can't get J6 to authorise.

Some more info which might be relevant:

- I'm using an up to date XP English version Home Edition SP2.
- Both the Default input language and the Installed services are English UK in the Languages page/Regional and language options, and no other languages are installed.
- Before installing this Jaws 6 which I received on a CD, I uninstalled the downloadable Jaws 6 which I was using, and I chose to keep my settings.
- Uninstalling Jaws and reinstalling it again didn't work.
- I bought my laptop from PC World so there's nothing funny about it *Smile*.

I contacted S&S but they asked for some more time to investigate and I'm not blaming them, I think that this is a weird one.

So, anyone can crack this mystery? Hope I explained things well.

Thanks for any feedback I may receive.

Amro ** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-