[jaws-uk] Pretty strange - Jaws 6 Authorisation

  • From: "Amro Bilal" <amro_bilal@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 22:11:08 -0000

Ok group, here's an odd one for you.

After I installed J6 from the CD I got off S&S, I chose to activate using the net and followed the prompts until I got that message which says that activation had been successful. When I clicked the OK button on that message, another box appeared saying; and here's the problem:

"This application is not authorized for use with this language of the operating system. Call your local access technology dealer or contact Freedom Scientific at 727-803-8000or sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for information about updating your authorization".

If I click ok on the above dialog box Jaws goes into the 40 minutes demo mode, and every time I restart J6 the same language incompatibility message appears along with that little activation box which asks if you want to start activating your version of Jaws. In other words I can't get J6 to authorise.

Some more info which might be relevant:

- I'm using an up to date XP English version Home Edition SP2.
- Both the Default input language and the Installed services are English UK in the Languages page/Regional and language options, and no other languages are installed.
- Before installing this Jaws 6 which I received on a CD, I uninstalled the downloadable Jaws 6 which I was using, and I chose to keep my settings.
- Uninstalling Jaws and reinstalling it again didn't work.
- I bought my laptop from PC World so there's nothing funny about it *Smile*.

I contacted S&S but they asked for some more time to investigate and I'm not blaming them, I think that this is a weird one.

So, anyone can crack this mystery? Hope I explained things well.

Thanks for any feedback I may receive.

Amro ** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-