[jaws-uk] Re: Outlook calendar not speaking day.

  • From: "Griffiths, Steve" <Steve.Griffiths@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 11:03:50 -0000

Tink,

What you need to change is your long date format. Here's how you can do
it, taken from a document I prepared for someone else:

Oddly, this change is not made within Outlook.  Rather, you need to open
the Start Menu and go to the Settings submenu and choose Control Panel.
In here is an item called Regional Settings; press Enter on this to open
a multi-page dialogue box.

What happens next depends on whether you have Windows 98 or XP Pro. In
Windows 98 you need to go the page labelled "Date" (you can usually get
to this quickest by pressing Control Shift Tab, as it is the last page
of the dialog).  In Windows XP Pro, on the Regional Options page, Tab to
and press the Customize button to open a second multi-page dialogue box
and on this one, navigate to the Date page.

Once you're on the Date page, Tab to the Long date style Control and
type the following line exactly as it appears:
dddd, dd MMMM yyyy
You may want to check that one letter at a time to ensure you have it
exactly as it is written, and note any capital letters!

Once you have typed this in, you can Tab to the OK button and press it,
and then close the Control Panel.  You will now find that in the
Calendar, dates are given as you prefer in full except for the year.  As
of the writing of this document, I don't know of a way to get the year
to be read as part of the date.

Steve