[jaws-uk] Re: Links in e-mails.

  • From: "cliff williams" <cliff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 10:31:35 +0100

Hi Shirley, this is a tricky problem as there is quite a few things that can
affect email links. If I get an email from a company like amazon or ebay,
then the link usually works but if I get an email from a couple of people I
know with a link in it then I have to copy it to the clipboard, close the
email and go into i.e. and paste the link into the address bar. I can only
assume it is something to do with the settings in their email settings that
send the link as text not a url. They use win7 so not outlook express. I
presume that when jaws 14 loaded it updated the video intercept and that is
pretty choosy in so much that if you change your resolution etc. in display
properties jaws can stop working properly. I use outlook express on the xp
machine and have loaded jaws 14 with no problem generally with links so it
might be worth your while to turn off j14 and start up your previous version
of jaws and see if the problem still arises. I am not sure, but I think by
doing this, the old version will use the later version of the video
intercept so if the links work then that should eliminate v.i. from the
equation which presumably only leaves html settings in jaws
configuration(?). Hope this helps.
regards cliff