[jaws-uk] Re: Katherine Turner,

  • From: "David" <david.tregellas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 13:32:19 -0000

Dorothy,

I will explain the process of getting rid of "Read Only" with a little more
details.  There is no reason why you shouldn't do it yourself.

Go into the application you want to change.  Bring up Configuration Manager,
I use Insert F2 and cursor down once.  Press enter and then press Alt S to
get into Set Options.

Cursor down to Speech and Sounds Manager and press enter.  Tab twice to an
edit field and then press enter again.

Press the Ctrl and tab to go into the second page.  This is called the
Control Type page.  Just press R until it says "Read Only.  Now tab once and
you will be in a list of Radio buttons I think.  If you cursor up once it
will say "Ignore checked".  They are called radio buttons because they are
automatically checked when you land on them.

From here just tab to the Ok button and exit in the usual way, saving the
changes in the process.  If you think you've made a mess just tab to the
Cancel button and start again.

As regards the =20 problem I'm not too sure but I thought that was a problem
caused by your ISP.  I don't think there is much you can do about it except
contact them.  I suppose you could put it in the Dictionary Manager and get
Jaws to treat it like a space and therefore it will say nothing.  That would
be a temporary fix.

Best of luck Dorothy.

Regards

David