[jaws-uk] Re: Problems between K1000 and Jaws version 8 when using the photocopying and faxing in K1000 version 11

  • From: "Alexander Shannon" <alexacts2v4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 13:47:59 -0000

Hi George and all,

I produce below the text from an e-mail from a K1000 user on the k1000 list
which explains exactly what the solution is to the problem that started this
thread

"Jaws is speaking because there is no configuration
file to tell it not to speak as there is with the K1000. If you are in
the Fax application and want to silence JAWS so it will no longer talk,

1. press JawsKey F2 and arrow to the Configuration Menu and press enter.

2. Press alt-S for settings, A for Advanced, and check the first box you
land on which will be Jaws Sleep Mode.

3. Tab to OK, and press enter.

4. Press Control S to Save, then exit the Jaws Configuration Manager and
return to the KESI application you're using.

Jaws should now be silent whenever the focus is on the Fax application.
You will want to repeat these steps while in the copier to silence it as
well."

George, I hope this explains exactly what I was advised.

Alexander Shannon