[jaws-uk] Re: Jaws scripts for NCH audio Software programs.

  • From: Chris & Doris <chipmunks@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 15:53:07 -0400

http://www.nch.com.au/index.html

Several of these programs are free or come in a free basic and a paid professional version. I find that the free versions usually do all that I ever would want to do with audio - but I am not an aukdio guru by any means.

Wavepad is their Audio Editor and will let you record and edit and play with sound. It comes in a free and Master version. I've only played around with the free one.

if the free version does not do all you want, you might also consider Goldwave as a very powerful and low cost audio Editor. If you want or need to pay for your audio editing program, I would recommend Goldwave over Wavepad Master Edition, not because I think it is the better program necesarily but simply because Goldwave his used very weidely in the blind community.

hth

Doris

At 07:05 PM 9/15/2009 +0100, you wrote:
Doris,

Can you tell me where these programmes can be obtained from
and is there a cost involved?

Jim Williams