[jaws-uk] Re: Jaws guide for Google

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 10:04:13 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Carlos,

thanks for the feedback. The accessible version of google which you refer to
was introduced in the days when the standard google search was very screen
reader unfriendly - there were no headings, no lists, etc. The standard site is
now very accessible. You may still prefer the accessible version, but the
advantages of the standard search include:
1. You can set the number of results per page in the preferences and google
remembers this. If you set this to say 30, then you don't have to move between
pages of results any more. (you can set the number of results per page in the
2. Some options such a searching only for pages in the UK are only availalbe in
the standard version.
3. Google's suggestions for the correct spelling of misspelled search terms are
only available in the standard version.

best wishes,
David.