[jaws-uk] Internet Explorer and pop up windows

  • From: "Eifion Bedford" <e.bedford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 17:28:29 -0000

Hello

The company I work for has a web application that needs to work with
JAWS 6. I've fixed most of the problems, but one of the things I can't
get JAWS to do is read out the contents of Internet Explorer's modal
dialog boxes (i.e. those opened using window.showModalDialog). JAWS will
read the title of the pop up dialog and mention that it's a dialog
window but will then stop and not read the contents of the modal window.
Is there any known way to persuade JAWS to read the contents of the
dialog box?

Eifion