[jaws-uk] Re: Commercial Telephone System

  • From: "Robin Clayden" <robin.clayden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 11:36:22 -0000

Hi, No experience with Mytel or whatever but I worked a system like this a
few years ago in a college in Edinburgh. It was a pc based system, I had a
wireless earpiece and mic and the calls were handled by loads of short cuts.
Ctrl A for answer, Ctrl T to transfer, keying out extension numbers on your
numpad and entering, ctrl f to forward a call, and so on.

There were two or three frames on screen, including a directory of all your
extension numbers with names, departments etc, and if you didn't know
someone's extension off the top of your head, you could type the first few
characters of their name and you'd get a promt. Not so easy if it was James
or John somebody though.

Jaws would speak when something flashed up on screen, so when someone's
calling you internally, it will instantly read the name and extension, if
it's an outside call, it will likely say something like the channel or line
number.

Good luck, this worked pretty well for me.

Robin