[jaws-uk] Re: Avast.`

  • From: "Barbara Wilson" <barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 23:49:15 +0100

Hi Sue

Not sure what Avast is? But program update just means that you can download and install the latest release of the program from the Internet if your version allows you to. That is, did you pay for the software and how many updates do you get. Some people find that if a program works really well with JAWS and they update to a new version, then things might not be so accessible. You'll find this with a program like iTunes. However, with programs like anti-virus and spyware it is of course vital to have the latest version to kill off the latest nasties.

I am sure George et al will give you a much better answer on this one, but if you can upgrade and it's free, then why not?

Barbara Wilson
T: 02887784046
M: 07917710779
E: (home) barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
E: (office) info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
W: (home) www.justgiving.com/cyder
W: (office) www.creativeeyes.co.uk
Skype: (from computer) creativeeyes
Skype: (from phone or mobile) 02895811500
Windows Messenger: creativeeyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
----- Original Message ----- From: "sue morgan" <sue@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>