[j-say list] Re: DNS 9 Activation

  • From: "Ed. Rosenthal" <edward@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <j-say@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 08:05:54 -0800

Pat- supplementing Sue Martin's reply I have parsed your e-mail and replied
below each section:

I just reformatted my hard drive and installed Vista.  I have also
downloaded from Nuance the latest version of Dragon Naturally Speaking Pro
9.5.  I am not sure whether I uninstalled DNS 9.1 before I reformatted my
hard drive - temporary memory lapse, so I am also not sure whether the
software was deactivated.  In case I forgot to uninstall DNS9, how many
activations will I have left?  Am I royally messed up, or can I still
activate my software?  Is there a way I can check the number of activations
I have left, as I can with JAWS?
>> it is our understanding that the Dragon NaturallySpeaking Professional
disc/serial number should allow a 10 install/activations, but whether it is
actually 10 or less you shouldn't have any issue if you didn't "deactivate";
however, we do recommend that users uninstall while connected to the
Internet as this will 'restore' one of the installs.  One can always contact
their Dragon NaturallySpeaking Professional distributor or Nuance
Communications if additional installations become necessary.

On a slightly different topic, can I run the latest - soon to be released -
version of J-Say and J-Vist on the same computer?
>> yes this should be possible, but we'd certainly want guidance from the
gurus at T&T Consultancy

Will there be another version of J-Days for Outlook 2007, or has Freedom's
latest scripting obviated the need for that program?
>> it is my anticipation that there will be developments on this front (stay
tuned for future information)

Lastly, is there a program on Main Menu or the like that demonstrates the
functionality of J-Say or J-Vist?
>> well answered by Ms. Martin

-ed.