[iyonix-support] Re: iyonix-support Digest V5 #148

  • From: David G Jones <jonesdg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 13:02:49 +0100

On 16 Oct, Cyril Johnson <cjjohnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <20101016050750.59C7AD4254B@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:

> [snip]

> I have used the Homeplug devices which multiplex the signals on the
> mains wiring for several years and they have worked faultlessly.
> They are simple to set up - just plug in and go - and will work
> anywhere in the house on the mains circuit. I got  mine from
> R-Comp. Before that I tried a Belkin games adapter. It was the very
> devil to set up, and impossible if you had no access to a nearby
> PC.

> Best wishes,

> CJJ

Me too.  I have a total of five  -  which are all in use when the kids
are home with their laptops.  Contrary to the instructions, they do
work fine through adaptors and extension leads  -  but not if the
latter have a filter of any kind built in.  They even work fine
through a subsidiary consumer unit.

One day I must try to find out which of our neighbours is on the same
phase and see if they will work that far!

--

David G Jones                                         Parbold

                              <><

Tel.  +44 (0)1257 462949                jonesdg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx