[iyonix-support] Re: iyonix-support Digest V5 #148

  • From: Cyril Johnson <cjjohnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 10:10:31 +0100

In message <20101016050750.59C7AD4254B@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> iyonix-support Digest   Fri, 15 Oct 2010        Volume: 05  Issue: 148
>
> In This Issue:
>                 [iyonix-support] Re: Iyonix and Wi-Fi
>                 [iyonix-support] Re: Iyonix and Wi-Fi
>                 [iyonix-support] Re: Iyonix and Wi-Fi

> Subject: [iyonix-support] Re: Iyonix and Wi-Fi
> From: Matthew Thompson <mt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 19:06:00 +0100
>
> Further to my original posting on this thread, I don't think I fully
> understood what a Wi-Fi network involves. I now I have a Wi-Fi
> compatible router which i've yet to try out yet.
>
> However, I was told that this if the computer is to be in a different
> room to the router (which it may or may not be, I don't know yet) then
> I have been told I would need a USB WiFi adapter which when you plug
> it in it then lets you use a computer away from the router.

[snip]

I have used the Homeplug devices which multiplex the signals on the
mains wiring for several years and they have worked faultlessly. They
are simple to set up - just plug in and go - and will work anywhere in
the house on the mains circuit.
I got  mine from R-Comp.
Before that I tried a Belkin games adapter. It was the very devil to
set up, and impossible if you had no access to a nearby PC.
Best wishes,
CJJ