[iyonix-support] Re: Waste bin utility

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 15:33:22 +0200

In message <433e91d84e.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 24 Apr 2007  george <george.greenfield@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Thanks. I've installed this in the BlackHole directory, which now
>> contains Hole310, Hole350 (these came already installed) and Hole500,
>> which you sent and I've installed. It's still calling for module 4.02
>> however - do you have this one in your app directory?
>
> Odd. If you look at Hole500 in a text editor, it says: BlackHole 4.04
> (18 Apr 2004) Risc OS 5.00, so I don't understand why it isn't working
> for you :-(

To the contrary - if all George did was putting the file inside the
application, it would be very surprising if it worked. Just putting a
new file somewhere usually does not make any difference. The
application needs to look for that particular file and load it.

> RMEnsure BlackHole 4.02 Error The Black Hole Module version 4.02 is
> not present
>
> In my copy this refers to 4.04, not 4.02, and I have a vague memory of
> having had to change that. Perhaps see if that works for you?

Surely not. That would only tighten a check that we know is failing
already. What you need to look for is a line RMLoading the module.
That line needs to look for Hole500.

Martin