[iyonix-support] Re: Using CamPins on Iyonix

  • From: Andy Wingate <andy-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 May 2006 00:00:42 +0100

In message <6601a4224e.Ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Dr Ian Whitmore <iwhitmore@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I used to use CamPins (free from www.quantumsoft.co.uk/campins/ -
> Stuart Halliday) to provide an everchanging backdrop on my RiscPC.
> However on my Iyonix, even though I have downloaded the latest version=20
>
> (1.18) I get the following error message:
>
> Attempt to use badly nested error handler (or corrupt R13) Internal
> error: undefined instruction at &2084DEA8
>
> When contacted Stuart Halliday responded quickly suggesting that some
> of my modules might not be 32 bit. However, nothing else complains and
> I have Aemulor pro. A second email told me that he has not tested it
> personally on an Iyonix, but he was told it worked. He hasn't worked
> on RISC OS for a year...!!
>
> It uses cURL and comes with a number of different taskobey scripts.
> None work except one which only tests download speeds, and does not
> place a picture on the pinboard.
>
> Has anyone out there got it going, and if so what did you need to do?

Essentially it is broken. It contains some parts ripped out of a
vintage ChangeFSI. In many ways, campins is a good idea executed in a
less than optimal and horrible to maintain way, especially when newer
versions of things it uses come out (like ChangeFSI, djpeg, PNG2Spr,
curl). It is a bit of a pain to customize for one's own requirements
too.

Replacing all references to campin:CFSI (a modified version of
ChangeFSI 1.15) with <ChangeFSI$Dir>.ChangeFSI helps as a start.
You'll need to do this in each TaskObey script and in camchk.

The supplied (in resources) rand, jpegtran and djpeg.djeg are not
32-bit compatible.

You should also ensure you're not using the SharedUnixLibrary 1.02
supplied with campins but a later version as linked from:
<URL:http://www.riscos.info/index.php/GCCSDK#Distributing_GCC_compiled_programs>
--
Andy Wingate <URL:http://www.sparse.net>       OpenPGP key 0xC642BF8A
If swallowed, do not induce vomiting.