[iyonix-support] Re: Uncommanded shut-down

  • From: John <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 15:59:24 +0100

On 25 Jul, CJE Sales <sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> When you say shutdown, I presume you mean that it is just switching off,
> not going through the actual software shutdown procedure?

Well, since I haven't actually been present to observe what happens I
cannot say definitely. Is there any way of doing this? I haven't yet got my
head round !Reporter - would that show anything?

[Snip]

> Whilst not a typical PSU problem, it does sound like it might be a
> possible faulty PSU which is causing the problem. If you give us a call,
> we can hire you a new PSU for a couple of weeks to test and see if the
> problem goes away when the new PSU is fitted.

I have now contacted Andrew and ordered a new PSU in the hope that that
will solve the problem. Back from abroad in a week: I'll report further
then.

John

--
    ____