[iyonix-support] Re: Uncommanded shut-down

  • From: Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 12:34:18 +0100

In article <51f7c510d9mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, John
<mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

> > Makes you wonder! Good idea to eliminate as much software as
> > possible - obviously suspect any new additional
> > applications/modules/Absolutes etc
> Well, I tried John's suggestion and shut down more or less
> everything: I didn't know whether the picture could be put up here,
> so it's at http://www.johnwoodhouse.co.uk/Tasks.jpg You can see
> that more or less nothing in software terms was running and yet it
> still shut down. This seems to me, unless I have missed something,
> that it rules that out?

OK so its unlikely to be software :-(

> It seems to keep coming back to the PSU: why, if power is on, does
> pushing the power button on the front not work? In fact, this
> morning I had to cycle the rear switch twice before it would come
> alive. Doesn't that suggest something to do with the PSU? Is Chris
> Evans reading and have a clue?

Mine has never worked but it is an Iyonix - Aria. The big power switch
looks like some sort of soft-start but is it actually meant to do
anything? I didn't think there was any difference between an Iyonix
and an Aria apart from a physical power switch at the back of the
Iyonix. Any Aria owners? Sorry John this probably won't help your
problem.

Richard