[iyonix-support] Re: USB2 on 5.16

  • From: Ian Hamilton <Ian_Hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 13:55:02 +0000 (GMT)

In article <735529f050.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Martin Dixon <m.dixon4@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[Snip] How USB2 works.

> What should I expect to see when I connect a digital camera to the USB
> port?  When I do this, !USBInfo correctly reports the device type (I
> have tried two different camera types).  However, I would have
> expected to see an icon appear on the icon bar, so that I can acess it
> as a disc drive.  That doesn't happen.

> The same applies to my memory card reader and USB Hub, and even
> devices like USB memory sticks connected to the hub.  I must be
> missing something simple.

[Snip]

I suspect you have an error in the boot sequence because it sounds as
though the SCSISoftUSB module isn't loading. Try '*Help SCSISoftUSB'.

If it is running then you may have the SCSI devices hidden (either Colin
Granville's 'Hide SCSI' configure plugin or, if manually set, it's in the
'!Boot.Choices.SCSIFS.Hide' file).

It's unlikely all your devices would be hidden so the boot error is my
guess.

Ian

--
Ian Hamilton (Iyonix RO5)  http://www.hamiltoni.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/