[iyonix-support] Re: Scanner problems again.

  • From: Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 17:35:43 +0100

Thanks for this.

On 5 May 2006  Ian Hamilton <Ian_Hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <d77d42224e.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dr Peter Young
> <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Since I upgraded to 5.11 and (I think) all the latest USB upgrades, I
>> thought these problems were in the past, but apparently not so.
>
>> After some weeks of unproblematic scanning, DPlngScan is now
>> occasionally reporting "scanner not found" when I try to scan from my
>> Epson Perfection 1660 Photo scanner. Mercifully, USBKick 1.06 now
>> manages to find the scanner (previously I had to do a reset from
>> USBInfo), but I wonder if this is still a known problem, and whether
>> there is a better solution.
>
> Have you changed the arrangement of USB devices or added new ones?

No.

> Scanners are usually more problematic if switched on with the computer,
> it may help to plug it into a USB hub.

I keep it connected through a hub, so it's turned on when the computer
is turned on. In the past, unplugging the scanner and then plugging it
in again used to revive it, but not lately.

> Is it only on the first scan?

So far, yes, but I'm not a heavy user of the scanner.

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter  \  /      zfc Dy       \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
Anne    \/ __            __    \                              England.