[iyonix-support] Re: Scanner problems again.

  • From: Ian Hamilton <Ian_Hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 14:00:53 +0100

In article <d77d42224e.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dr Peter Young
<pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Since I upgraded to 5.11 and (I think) all the latest USB upgrades, I
> thought these problems were in the past, but apparently not so.

> After some weeks of unproblematic scanning, DPlngScan is now
> occasionally reporting "scanner not found" when I try to scan from my
> Epson Perfection 1660 Photo scanner. Mercifully, USBKick 1.06 now
> manages to find the scanner (previously I had to do a reset from
> USBInfo), but I wonder if this is still a known problem, and whether
> there is a better solution.

Have you changed the arrangement of USB devices or added new ones?
Scanners are usually more problematic if switched on with the computer,
it may help to plug it into a USB hub. Is it only on the first scan?

Ian

--
Ian Hamilton (RISC PC RO4)  http://www.hamiltoni.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
             (Iyonix  RO5)  Programs compatible with RISC OS 3/4/5