[iyonix-support] Re: Repeat Filer_boot stiffs Iyo

  • From: Ron <iyonix@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 23:45:02 +1300

In message <78de61b751.jr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> you wrote:
>
> > I can verify here that the -Tasks can make a difference.
> > I selected a random directory to Filer_Boot from an Obey file
> > and it crashed the machine until I added -Tasks to -Applications.
>
> Ron
> thanks for that - I have also just tried it with the same results. Ie
> with Tasks it works, witout Tasks it crashes.
>
> Your note was directed to me privately. Did you mean to do that or
> were you intending to post your note to the list?
>
> john

Sorry about that, the fact that this is a mailing list sometimes
spurs a reaction to answer by the email button.

The term 'tasks' is a bit misleading now that we have a Tasks directory
in Boot. It isn't referring to a type of file but means that a separate
task is used for each Repeat action.
I dont know why this should be needed, but the fact that it can crash
the system may qualify it for a bug report to ROOL.
The stronghelp manual for Filer_Run could include the Repeat usage as
well, as it is a likely scenario.

Ron M.