[iyonix-support] Re: Maximum file size

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 07:36:21 +0200

In message <db5f49214e.HzN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Iyonix.2006@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> In message <4e2125b407gmbobbett@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Gillian Bobbett <gmbobbett@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I have just ordered a digital scan of a map, and am about to be consulted
>> about size and format of the file(s) which are to be delivered on a CD.
>>
>> What are the restrictions regarding use on an Iyonix?
>
> AFAIK 2GB ist the max file size for RISC OS.

If you actually want to *use* the file on the Iyonix rather than just
have it sitting on a storage medium, more restrictive limits apply.
For a start, the memory slot size for desktop applications is limited
to 512MB and that includes the memory required for the application
code and any other data. Additionally, the application's internal
representation of the graphics file may well be bigger than its
external representation on disc.

Martin