[iyonix-support] Re: Filer crash

  • From: ChrisF <c.n.l.f@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2012 09:45:46 +0100

In message <52bbb2c67djohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          John Harrison <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Well all I can suggest is that you try to eliminate any possible
>> culprit by a process of elimination.

> Thanks.

> Could be a slow process though for a problem that only appears every week
> or so.

> Seeing your posting on the other list about using Where, I'll try that next
> time it happens to see if it provides any useful pointer.

> Regards.

FWIW I've had a series of oddities on my Iyo over a year or so- which
I'd 'put-up' with (pyjamas, mostly but also Safestore halting and
large manual back-up to NAS) but then came the Filer problems with
need to shut-down and restart.
I replaced the PSU and the Filer problem is one of the oddities I've
not noticed since.

--
BW Chris F. [Supporting British RISC OS computers and computing.]