[iyonix-support] Re: Correcting Firefox assumptions

  • From: Xavier Tardy <xatardy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 18:39:51 +0200

Peter Naulls a écrit :

Xavier Tardy wrote:
Hello.

Is it possible to get a copy of ChoX11 source code to have a look at it ? I might possibly try to modify it so that it deals correctly with foreign keyboards (though it was a long time ago I had to use C or C++ I must confess, but I still have friends who could help).
Regards,
Xavier.

[snip many lines of quoting]

Top posting is not acceptable on any RISC OS forum that I'm aware of.
Please don't do it.

All right sorry for that.
Anyone wanting to look at ChoX11 et all is of course welcome to do
so, but bear in mind it's not sufficient to look at in isolation -
it makes heavy use of DeskLib and of course it has to work with
Firefox and various other ports that make use of the X layer.

I can't promise that DeskLib and ChoX11 are immediately buildable
natively on RISC OS - they're really setup to build with the
GCCSDK cross compiler, using the as yet unreleased GCC 4 (which
is in fact very stable for static binaries).   Start here:

http://www.riscos.info/index.php/Using_GCCSDK

Peter,
Thank you for your expertise.
I'll have a look and see what I and / or friends could possibly do.
Regards,
Xavier.(hope this time I answered in the correct form).

---
To alter your preferences or leave the group, visit //www.freelists.org/list/iyonix-support