[iyonix-support] Re: Card Reader query

  • From: Tim Hill <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 15:46:16 +0000 (GMT)

In article <50cbaf3dbemail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, John
<mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Can anyone tell me whether this is likely to work on the Iyonix,
> please?
> http://www.amazon.co.uk/Integral-Single-Slot-SDHC-Reader/dp/B000VY80AM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1261157271&sr=8-1
> (when it eventually arrives) Should be Ok on my laptop, but would be
> useful if there is a way of getting it to work on RO. One problem I
> forsee is that it will have a 16gb card to read.....

Yes I have one and use it frequently with a 4GB SDHC card. Fat32FS is
essential, as is a USB-dongle-dangler because the Iyonix here was pretty,
rather than functional and the USB holes are too small!!!

Note to designers: lots of flat space around USB ports please and don't
put the sockets so close together or I may have to take a hot knife to
the case!

Unfortunately (not!), I can't use the reader in the pee sea as it doesn't
work with its USB-dongle-dangle (the pc doesn't like its USB ports
extended by 16cm) and it blocks the other front port.

--
Tim Hill
                                            tjrh.eu