[iyonix-support] Re: Canon cantankerousness

  • From: Gary Locock <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 21:07:33 +0100

In article <a5fef42b4e.acld75@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   george <george.greenfield@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <4e2bed0aceIan_Hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Ian Hamilton <Ian_Hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > In article <4e2bc3552cgary@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Gary Locock <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > wrote:

> [snip]

> > This suggests the initial Printer$Path is incorrect which can happen with
> > !Printers. Maybe fixable by manipulating the 'Settings' file (or
> > certainly by running PrintSpool if this is the problem).
> >
> [snip]

> I can vouch for that: I use PrintSpool on an Iyonix (5.09) in
> conjunction with a Canon Pixma i4000 connected via a D-Link ADSL
> router (the printer is plugged into one of the router's ports) and
> have never experienced any 'first print' problems as described by the
> OP.

Thanks for the information everybody.  I'll try out the various suggestions
including !PrintSpool.

Gary

--
Gary Locock, Network Manager, Bablake Junior School
Coundon Road, Coventry CV1 4AU

---
[This E-mail has been scanned for viruses but it is your responsibility
to maintain up to date anti virus software on the device that you are
currently using to read this email. ]